DVAG formed the the Committee on Diversity and Inclusion (CoDI) after multiple discussions throughout 2016 surrounding its position in the region to support diversity and inclusion initiatives. Spearheaded by at-large member Rayna Andrews at the January 30, 2017 Planning Committee meeting with the support of Communications Manager Jasmine Clark and Treasurer Hoang Tran, CoDI’s initial tasks include researching feasible initiatives, policies, and projects that DVAG can utilize in an effort to support and promote the diversity of archives and archivists.
CoDI works to ensure that DVAG’s services support the goal of a more diverse archival community and foster and support an inclusive and respectful environment for all members of DVAG.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as DVAG’s liaison for diversity-related issues regarding archives and archivists, including regional and national issues that may impact the profession.
- Research diversity-related initiatives and provide feasibility report to DVAG Planning Committee for review.
- In charge of implementing all initiatives approved by DVAG PC.
- Research strategies with DVAG Membership Committee for recruiting and retaining individuals from underrepresented populations.
- Build relationships with peer groups to seek out opportunities for collaboration.
The Chair of CoDI will be responsible for providing and submitting any and all reports to the Planning Committee, including year end reports.
CoDI will conduct business by email during the course of the year.
- Jasmine Clark (2017-2018), Member
- Hoang Tran (2016-2017), Member
- Rayna Andrews, Member