The Diversity and Inclusion Recognition Award serves to acknowledge the accomplishments of an individual, institution, or archival program that demonstrates efforts to foster greater appreciation and advancement of diversity and inclusiveness in the archives profession in the Delaware Valley. Examples include programs and/or projects that result in increased numbers of persons from diverse and underrepresented minority groups (racial, ethnic, sexual orientation, gender, or persons with disabilities) working in archives or new resources serving those communities.
- Any individual or repository is eligible. A person or institution does not need to be a
DVAG member. However, in an effort to provide fair recognition of all deserving nominees, previous award recipients are ineligible until 2 years following their last award.
Guidelines and Nominations
- At the end of the summer of each year, DVAG will invite the community to submit
nominations for the Award. Each nominee’s materials are reviewed by an Award
Committee, comprised of members of DVAG’s Planning Committee. The Awards Committee reserves the right not to make an award if, in the judgment of the Committee, no worthy candidates are nominated.
- One award for $200. Nominees are notified of their selection status in late October.
Submission of entries
- Entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “DIRA Submission”
- Submissions must include:
- The name of the nominee.
- A description that includes a summary of their project or program, as well as a statement of the nominee’s commitment to the advancement of diversity, inclusion, or multiculturalism that does not exceed 500 words.
- Contact information of the nominee.
- Supporting documentation or links to projects are encouraged.
- Submissions must be received by September 30 of the year.
- Individuals may self nominate or be nominated by any DVAG community member.
- Reminder: previous award recipients are ineligible until 2 years following their last award.