The DVAG Resume and Practice Interview Bureau is made up of local archivists who have volunteered to mentor jobseekers, whether new to the profession or just looking for a change. Mentors will provide feedback on resumes and offer informational interviews and practice interviews to members. Practice interviews can be general, or can be tailored to a specific job posting. DVAG’s Communications Manager will match requests from jobseekers with specific mentors.
If you’re interested in either volunteering to serve as mentor, or in setting up a resume review or interview, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Set up a resume review or interview
If you would like to be matched with a mentor for a resume review or interview, please let us know as much of the following information as possible:
- Type of help requested: (informational interview, resume review, general practice interview, specific practice interview)?
- Are you interested in receiving help with a particular kind of institution, such as a corporate archives, government archives, historical society, institutional archives, manuscript repository, museum, public library, university, etc.?
- Are you interested in receiving help from someone with expertise in a particular area, such as administration, Archon/Archivists’ Toolkit/ArchivesSpace, copyright issues, database design, digitization, EAD, finding aid creation, genealogical records, government records, grant-writing, minimal processing, preservation, project management, records management, reference, etc.?
- When are you available to meet with a mentor?
- Any other comments/questions?
Volunteer or mentor
If you would like to participate as a volunteer, and offer your time and talent to other area archivists, please send an email to email@example.com including:
- Your name
- Your position and institution
- Your areas of expertise
We greatly appreciate your help!