[posted on behalf of Lynn Dorwaldt]
Archives Month is fast approaching and the Wagner Free Institute of Science will be hosting the Fourth Annual Lantern Slide Salon on Thursday, October 13th from 6-8 PM. The Lantern Slide Salon has continually been a popular and engaging event where archivists and the public come together and learn about the many exciting and important collections in the Philadelphia area. We have found that it is most engaging when the lantern slides are discussed in the context for which they were originally created. So, once again, in the spirit of lantern exhibition culture, we would like participating institutions to tell a narrative story with their lantern slides. Do you have slides in your collection that work together as a travelogue? How about an illustrated lecture? Tales of far-away lands, exotic plants and animals, or the construction of a modern city? The possibilities are endless.
We are looking for 5-6 institutions to participate. To participate please send a brief description of the collection you would like to present. We will be accepting submissions through September 2nd.
- The event will take place on Thursday, October 13th from 6-8PM at the Wagner Free Institute of Science.
- The Wagner’s projector fits the standard 3.25×4 inch slides.
- Institutions are responsible for their slides.
- In the event that we receive more than 6 submissions, we will randomly choose 6.
- We will contact you by September 7th.
Please email submissions to Lynn Dorwaldt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can contact either Lynn or Bayard Miller email@example.com with any questions.